Nelly Planning Male Version of "The View?"


Nelly, Jermaine Dupri and Trey Songz are reportedly working on a new television project that has been described as the male version of the popular ABC talk show, "The View."


According to Nelly, the project is currently under development.

"Not sure if you're familiar with the Ocean's 7 Crew. It's me, Jermaine Dupri, Trey Songz, Johnta Austin, Brian Michael Cox and Tyrone "International" Davis. We're working on kind of like the male version of 'The View.' We're working on that. You ever seen that movie called The Ugly Truth? You know how the guy had his show; well we're working on that. I'm starting to do more now, but I wanted to do stuff that made sense to me. I had a lot of offers and a lot of things that probably could've been cool, but I turned it down because I felt I wasn't ready yet. I never want to disrespect the culture and the thing that is acting, thinking just because I'm Nelly I'm going to transition and be good at it." (BV Buzz)
Last year, news outlets reported that the rapper was working on a variety show called "Nelly's Night in Vegas."

"Nelly's Night in Vegas," a weekly talkshow-variety hybrid series, would feature Nelly performing and interacting with other celebrities. 25/7's Dave Broome is set to executive produce along with Nelly and "The Daily Show" co-creator Madeleine Smithberg. (Entertainment Weekly)
Nelly has expressed interest in television in the past.

"I was thinking about what was missing on TV, and when this idea came about, it made sense for me," Nelly said in a statement. "We do have talkshows, but no one's speaking from the pop culture perspective. Let's get a little more pop, a little more edge, a little bit younger, and not look like you're sitting in the principal's office. As a performer, that's the type of show you look forward to going on." (Gossip Rocks)
Nelly is also working with producers like Jim Jonsin on a new solo album.

"We've done a few songs so far," Jonsin said in an interview. "Nelly's great, he's really super talented. I just know he looks pretty anxious about dropping [it] within the next couple of months for sure. I did 'Dilemma (Part 2)' with [songwriter] Rico Love and Nelly had this melody idea. I've worked with Kelly Rowland and I've heard her sound, and that kind of triggered me to call and put her in the studio. It came out really amazing. It's similar in that it's musical and it has a great melody. But the sound is a little different, a little newer."


0 comments to "Nelly Planning Male Version of "The View?""

Post a Comment

Edge Archive

Site Counters
Site

Edgers

Web hosting for webmasters