Racist? John Mayer Apologizes For the "N" Word


If you've been following the trail John Mayer's potty mouth has left all over the Web today, you've learned a few things.

You now know that Jessica Simpson was his addiction, and you also know that he regrets ending his relationship with Jennifer Aniston, but hey, he's 32.

What you may not know - if you have yet to surf over to a particular magazine's Web site - is that Mayer unleashed quite a few racially sensitive remarks, with one of them using the "n" word.


That comment is just one of the many that have started a social media backlash of sorts against Mayer, and he has since apologized via Twitter.

Around 4:50 p.m. Wednesday, hours after news first broke of his interview, Mayer tweeted, " Re: using the 'N word' in an interview: I am sorry that I used the word. And it's such a shame that I did because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself."

Mayer added that "It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it, because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged."

After a bit of rumination, Mayer once again took to Twitter - the same social media site that allegedly was a point of tension in his relationship with Aniston - and said around 5:15 p.m., "And while I'm using today for looking at myself under harsh light, I think it's time to stop trying to be so raw in interviews."

"It started as an attempt to not let the waves of criticism get to me, but it's gotten out of hand and I've created somewhat of a monster," he tweeted. "I wanted to be a blues guitar player. And a singer. And a songwriter. Not a shock jock. I don't have the stomach for it. Again, because I don't want anyone to think I'm equivocating: I should have never said the word and I will never say it again."


0 comments to "Racist? John Mayer Apologizes For the "N" Word"

Post a Comment

Edge Archive

Site Counters
Site

Edgers

Web hosting for webmasters